Harland Sanders (yes that is Colonol Sanders of Kentucky Fried Chicken fame)
When we read those names, the image that stands out in our mind is “successful”.
If the image that stands out in your mind is “rich” or “powerful”, this could be an indication that you may have missed the point on what it is that these heavy hitters in business have that you may not have.
Each of these people achieved wealth and influence as natural by-products of their journey. It is not about the final destination of riches or power. It’s not about the destination at all. It’s all about the journey.
Their success manifested only after they had mastered their “inner game”, allowing them to use their business acumen to create their huge success. Well, if it is true in busienss in general, it is even more so as it relates to your MLM business. If ever there was a business model that demands your inner game be strong, it is MLM.
THE INNER GAME
So, what precisely do we mean by the “inner game?”
- It is about being positive in the face of adversity.
- It is having the ability to control and manage your attitude and emotions.
- It is about not reacting to negative situations, it is instead about responding with carefully thought-out responses to a negative situation.
- It is about “working on yourself” to better relate to people and to business and life challenges.
There are many messages we offer to those in the MLM business with us, and you’ll find in our blogs a heavy emphasis on remaining positive and winning the war that continues in every one of us within the “6 inches between your ears”.
There are certain truths we adhere to that are proven time and time again in our MLM business and in life:
- You must fail your way to success. Each MLM failure is a learning stepping stone. Find the lesson in each MLM stumble, and recognize everyone goes through temporary failure on the way to MLM success.
- You can get everything in life you want, if you’ll just help enough other people get what they want (Zig Ziglar). You reap what you sow. Offer MLM value and be honest, and you’ll get that returned to you exponentially.
- Like it or not, you have negative emotions that can alter and change the outcome in your MLM business, and of course, life itself. As human beings, we are essentially emotions with a brain attached. You have to learn to master the negative emotions in your MLM business way before you’ll enjoy any serious MLM success.
Stop and think for a moment.
When was the last time you read or watched, or participated in something that strengthened yourself as an individual so that the “inner game” became stronger or more resilient?
The sad fact is that most people are dead from the neck up once they leave school. Most people get cubby-holed into a career, start a family, don’t even make an effort to learn more, to do more, or to grow as individuals. Life gets in the way of self-improvement.
Distractions of work, of social media, or outside stimulus create a cacophony of distractions that make it so much easier to come home from a job, and just park in front of a T.V. and let the world go about it’s business. We’ll be just fine, thank you.
Clearly, if you are reading this message, this is not you. Just by your willingness to step out and grow an MLM business on top of your normal life, should remind you that you are capable and want more and are taking steps most people won’t.
Do what others are not willing to do, and you’ll enjoy success others won’t get. Every one of those “Big Dogs” we listed above constantly learn, how to improve themselves. Many use private teachers and coaches, but ALL of them work to constantly build their inner game.
Improving your inner game never ends, because life always changes and you have to be strong internally to adapt to those changes. That which you learn about improving yourself will be valuable beyond words for your MLM business and life itself.
As an MLM entrepreneur, you are learning a lot on the nuts and bolts of building an MLM business. However, all the MLM tools in the world won’t help you get to the next level of MLM success unless you have an ongoing effort to grow and improve yourself internally.
Real leaders in any aspect of life, understand and improve themselves from the inside out. They recognize it is not the other way around, i.e., they understand outside issues cannot define or limit your success.
True success in life and in your MLM business is grown “internally”, both intellectually, and emotionally.
And let’s face it – to be successful in your MLM business, you have to have MLM leadership qualities that other MLM entrepreneurs want to follow. That means, you don’t have the luxury of being negative. You must remain positive and be the column of strength others can lean on.
Feeding and growing your inner game is not optional. It is essential.
Where do you start to get that inner game strengthened?
Start with a simple step. Grab a positive book and put good things into your brain. There are so many choices, but here are just a few suggestions:
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People by Stephen Covey
- You Were Born Rich by Bob Proctor
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Take 15 minutes a day and read from a good, positive book.
Those 15 minute blocks of inner growth add up fast! Those hours will be well invested and your inner growth will improve both your MLM business and your life in general.
During upcoming messages, we’re going to continue to try and help you grow that “inner self” by bringing you examples of business leaders who have overcome adversity and found great success.
We’ll also point you to some new sources you may not be aware of that will help you to be positive and how to deal with negative emotions.
Realize this: The Big Dogs run with their inner game strong.
If what you are getting is anything short of what you envision as your true self, including what you want as MLM business success, then start the journey of strengthening your inner game today.
The Big Dogs won’t wait for you, but you can run in their world if you’ll just go to work and improve yourself every day.
We’re here ready to help in any way possible.
To Your Abundance and Success,
Bruce and Melody Haines
P.S. – We’d love your feedback so feel free to email us anytime: